Thursday, September 13, 2007

Into the Past

Just before Keith and all his family left for parts unknown, Pat took us to the house where my father used to live and the man that owns the house now, invited us to look through it.

No one lives in it now but it is fully furnished as it is set up for his family if they visit, and, except for the TV looked like we had stepped right into the past.


So we wandered through the rooms around the outside.


I sat on the porch, both front and back, the swing seat dealt a little scary so Grant took the photo quickly.



I have a photograph of my father as a really young boy sitting on a stump in the yard and he was poking out his tongue. So when we saw the tree stump I just had to do that too.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - did that feel eerie?

What a nice man to let you in! People really are wonderful, aren't they? Purely a rhetorical question - no one can convince me that people in general are not wonderful.

Love

Melissa